Monday, August 07, 2006






I just come back from well deserved vacations, but sorry for you, I didn't bring back a lot a music. Well, Madrid isn't know for its music scene anyway. I mean except this is the most decent hip-hop record I found there : DNI : Decir Funk

At least I heard good DJs and they make good comps, check the Jazz Travels compiled by Casbah 73 on Hitop Records. It Has dope Soul, Psyche, Bossa and, yes, jazz tracks, like Daniel Lencina's Negro en sol menor

Over the last month I've listen to that song a million time. It's on Exile's album, rhymes by Blu.

In recent bad news, I heard that Z-Ro got incarcerated recently. Let's hope that when the Mo City Don comes out, he'll get half the coverage TI has.

1 comment:

UVE said...

I must tell you that DNI "Decir Funk" is just a silly song and that the album it is taken from is not considered a propper hip hop release by hip hop heads in Spain. It was a record company manouver trying to adapt themselves to the foreign (meaning USA) new musical tendences of that age.

I live in Madrid and it is a must to put in clear that here are some bands trying to do their thing on the jazz, funk, nu-jazz and hip hop scene. The main problem is that you ain't gonna hear that on the radio or find the records in every store... you need some local help to dig deeper in the Madrid musical scene. Maybe the right music store coul be the spot... next time try something like AMA Records (easy to find in the downtown). They love music and could help you in future trips.

Anyway, it is funny to read about someone listening now to that DNI track. It reminds me of my teenager years.

If you want to know, the DNI is the "Documento Nacional de Identidad", the correspondence to your ID Card.

Peace and congratulations for all the blog. It is great.